What is it about?
Youth Alpine Interrail is a project of the CIPRA Youth Council and CIPRA International that enables 100 selected young people to travel sustainably across the Alps by means of public transport for 50-80 euros for one month in the summer of 2018 and 2019. The goal is to show you the adventurousness, the comfort, the practicality and the fun of holidays by train and the beauty of the alpine countries. By slowing down the journey and travelling by train there is more time to get to know the places and people along the route. Young people living in the Alps and beyond between the ages of 16 and 27 could apply for the Youth Alpine Interrail Passes.
How much does it cost?
50-80 Euros (depending on the PPP of your coutry where you live – instead of the regular price of 255 Euros). The Youth Alpine Interrail Pass is valid for one month in July & August 2019, with 7 travel days per month.
What do we expect from the travellers?
Participants are encouraged to take pictures and share stories of their adventures on Instagram, Facebook and on the website of the project “Youth Alpine Interrail” using the hashtags #youthalpineinterrail, #interrail, #yoalin and at the end of the summer, the best photographs and writers will be rewarded for their efforts.
Please fill out this Form until April 7 2019!
- Complete application form
- Transferral of the participation fee within the deadline
We kindly ask the 100 participants to pay 50-80 Euros in advance in order to receive their pass by the end of June by post.
Be part of the community, have a great summer in the Alps and join us for networking at a festive Youth Alpine Interrail event in Feldkirch and in Bern!
- April 7: Deadline for the application from the candidates
- April 23: Deadline for the selection/confirmations to the candidates
- May 31: Deadline for the payment of the 50 Euros
- June 7: Kick-off-event in Feldkirch/A
- End of June: Passes received by the participants
- July 1 – August 31: 7 days of travel within one month
- September: Closing Event in Bern/CH