What is it about?
Youth Alpine Interrail is a project of the CIPRA Youth Council and CIPRA International that enables 100 selected young people to travel sustainably across the Alps by means of public transport for 50 euros for one month in the summer of 2018. The goal is to show you the adventurousness, the comfort, the practicality and the fun of holidays by train and the beauty of the alpine countries. By slowing down the journey and travelling by train there is more time to get to know the places and people along the route. Young people living in the Alps and beyond between the ages of 16 and 27 could apply for the Youth Alpine Interrail Passes.
How much does it cost?
50 Euros (instead of the regular price of 255 Euros). The Youth Alpine Interrail Pass is valid for one month in July & August 2018, with 7 travel days per month.
What do we expect from the travellers?
Participants are encouraged to take pictures and share stories of their adventures on Instagram, Facebook and on the website of the project “Youth Alpine Interrail” using the hashtags #createyourownstory, #youthalpineinterrail, #interrail, #yoalin and at the end of the summer, the best photographs and writers will be rewarded for their efforts.
The application process is over. Thanks for the numerous applications.
- Complete application form
- Transferral of the participation fee within the deadline
We kindly ask the 100 participants to pay 50 Euros by midday on May 31st in order to receive their pass by the end of June by post.
Be part of the community, have a great summer in the Alps and join us for networking at a festive Youth Alpine Interrail event in Bern on September 20th!
- 20rd of May : Deadline for the application from the candidates
- 23rd of May : Deadline for the selection/confirmations to the candidates
- 30th of May : Deadline for the payment of the 50 Euros
- End of June : Passes received by the participants
- 1st July – 31 August 2018: 7 days of travel within one month
- 20th of September: Closing Event in Bern