Join our public workshop at the AlpWeek!
How to foster sustainable travel in the Alps? Take part in our public workshop at the AlpWeek on Wednesday, 9th of December from 10 to 11:30 am. Brainstorm with us new ideas and actions for climate friendly mobility. Participants awaits a podium discussion, interactive exchange, an insight in the Youth Alpine Interrail project and networking opportunities with people from different Alpine countries.
Around 25% of Europe’s CO2 emissions are caused by transport. Youth Alpine Interrail enables selected young people to travel sustainably across the Alps by means of public transport. The goal is to show the adventurousness, the comfort, the fun of climate friendly holidays by train and to discover the beauty of the Alpine countries. In times of Covid-19 with limited travel opportunities, it is especially important to foster climate-friendly mobility. In this way we ensure that the climate crisis does not disappear from the political and medial agenda.
Yoalin 2020 is different…
The current Covid-19 situation is a major challenge for Europe and for the Alps. For health reasons we have decided not to offer Yoalin passes for travelling in the Alps in 2020.
Nevertheless, we are still committed to sustainable travel in the Alps and doing different communication and online activities this year to raise awareness and strengthen the Yoalin community. This is possible thanks to the funding by our partners.
- A photo contest in cooperation with the Alpine Convention
- A map of yoalin proofed travel destinations
- A hospitality list (meet somebody for a beer or offer your sofabed to others, and stay connected – of course, if the sanitary situation allows)
- We are developing new and useful print products and some merchandise for the next edition
- Stay connected on our Social Media channels: Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp (contact us for the internal Whatsapp-group or for news on the project)
- Take part in the Yoalin online-session at the AlpWeek in December 2020
We hope that the situation will be better next year and are already working on new ideas regarding sustainable travel in the Alps for Yoalin 2021.
Your Yoalin team
A project of the CIPRA Youth Council & CIPRA International
Promoted by: signatory States of the Alpine Convention
Financial support: Swiss Federal Office for Spatial Development, RHW foundation, Austrian Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism, Liechtenstein Office for Environment, German Ministry for Environment, Nature Protection and Nuclear Safety